Income Tax

Please see the Income Taxes FAQ

Parks and Pool

How do I reserve a shelter house?

Please come into the utility office to sign up for a shelter house. Shelter houses are reserved on a first come first serve basis. All shelter house reservations require a $50.00 payment. On the day of your reservation there will be a sign on the shelter house reserved indicating it is reserved for your party.

Can I reserve the pool for a pool party?

The Village of Versailles Swimming Pool is available for private pool rentals.  The swimming pool is available to rent on Sunday’s through Friday’s from 8:00-11:00 p.m. and on Saturday’s from 5:00-8:00 p.m.  The cost to rent the pool is $200 for three hours.  A $100 deposit is required at the time of the reservation with the remaining $100 due on the date of the rental.  Your deposit is non-refundable; however, it will be refunded in case of inclement weather.  No alcoholic beverages are permitted.  Smoking is not permitted. Please contact the pool directly during the pool season at 937-526-5154.


How do I set up electric and water service?

Contact the Utilities Office at 937-526-3294 or stop by in person at 177 N Center St.

Can I transfer my utility deposit from my current rental property to my new rental property?

No, utility deposits cannot be transferred from one rental property to another. Accounts are finaled out when you disconnect utilities from your current property. The utility deposit for the final bill will be applied.

Therefore, when signing up for a new rental property, you will need to put down another deposit. The utility deposit helps protect the Village of Versailles from renters that move out and leave utility accounts unpaid.

What do I do if I’m moving from my current property?

Please contact our utility office to inform us of the final day you are at the residence and provide a forwarding address for your final bill.

What if my electric goes out?

Please call the Village of Versailles on-call number at 937-459-2584.


Is a permit needed to put up a fence?

Yes, a zoning permit is required.

How close to the property line may I put the fence?

A fence must be kept a minimum of 2’ feet away from a property line unless the village receives a signed letter of authorization from adjoining property owners, allowing the fence to be closer than 2’ feet.

How tall can a fence be?

A fence in the rear yard may be up to 8’ feet high. A fence in the front yard area may be no higher than 3’ feet.

Do I need a permit for a swimming pool?

Any swimming pool with water deeper than 24 inches requires a permit and safety /security fence around the pool.

Do I need a permit to build an accessory building such as a shed?

Any accessory building larger than 100 sq. ft. requires a zoning permit. The county requires a permit for any accessory building larger than 200 sq. ft.

How close to the property line can I place an accessory building such as a shed?

Accessory buildings must be kept a minimum of 6’ feet from all property lines.

Events Calendar



Versailles Community Garage Sales

Wed, 07/24/2024 - 8:00am



Village Council Public Hearing

Wed, 08/14/2024 - 6:45pm