Residential curbside refuse collection is provided on Tuesday and Wednesday’s. Refuse totes should be placed at the curb the night prior or by 5:30 the morning of your regularly scheduled pickup date. Residents are provided either a 35 gallon, 65 gallon, or 95 gallon refuse tote. Larger items that do not fit into the Village refuse tote will require a large item tag which costs $10.00. The large item tag must be purchased prior to the large item pickup. Fees for items requiring the refuse truck driver to exit the vehicle for pickup of items small enough to fit in the tote will be charged a $5.00 in addition to the regular monthly charge.
2-yard ($45.00) and 3-yard ($65.00) rental dumpsters are also available for use. Dumpsters are available on a “first come, first serve” basis. Dumpsters are provided for the convenience of disposing of construction/remodeling project waste and additional volumes of general household clean-up waste materials. Rental dumpsters will be provided for a two week period. The dumpster will be picked up automatically two weeks from delivery date unless requested to be picked up sooner by the applicant. In order to cover the expenses associated with providing this service, a fee of $45.00 (2-yard) or $65.00 (3-yard) will be charged each time the dumpster is dumped during the two week period.
Residential curbside recycling collection is provided on Thursday and Friday’s. Any resident north of the railroad tracks will have their collection on Thursday and residents south of the railroad tracks will have recyclables collected on Friday. Recycling containers are provided by the town and must be set out the night prior or by 5:30 am the morning of collection. Recycling is a free service provided by the Village.
In addition to curbside recycling, the Village accepts cardboard for recycling. Just to the South of the Village Administrative Offices, the Village has a large cardboard compactor in which Village residents can deposit cardboard material of any size in a large hopper.
- Glass Bottles & Jars (all colors)
- Metal Cans: Aluminum cans, steel cans and lids, empty aerosol cans with the lids and tips removed
- Plastic Bottles (empty, crush, reattach lid): Bottles and jugs that have a small mouth and wider base, such as milk jugs, soda bottles, laundry detergent bottles, water bottles, shampoo bottles and contact solution bottles
- Paper: newspaper, magazines, cardboard, mixed office paper and envelopes, paperboard (cereal boxes), pizza boxes free of food debris and grease, telephone books and catalogs
- Cartons: food and beverage cartons, such as milk, juice, soup, wine, broth and other cartons.
- plastic bags
- cassette tapes
- bed sheets
- metal chains
- garden hoses
- polystyrene foam
- butter tubs
- car parts
- food, yard waste
- light bulbs
- drinking glasses
- scrap metal
- vinyl siding
- aluminum siding
Darke County Residential Household Hazardous Waste DaySat, 10/02/2021 - 8:00am
Planning Commission MeetingMon, 10/04/2021 - 6:30pm
Tree Commission MeetingTue, 10/05/2021 - 11:30am